I have tried a handful of fitness watches, from the Apple 1 watch(fun but missed the mark for me on a few things) to a Garmin Forerunner (so big)to the Fitbit watches, starting with the Tracker. Most recently I got the new Charge 3 as it tracked so many more things and auto tracked exercises (runs and walks longer than 15 minutes). It has a larger display, it’s waterproof (my Apple 1 was not), and you only charge it one time per week on average (again my Apple watch was daily).
Downside is that it does not store music, and had no GPS, so if you do not have your phone then you are missing out on these.
A more recent downside is that the watch just stops working for some reason, and I am on my second Charge 3. It just something that happens from what I read, you need to reset it to get it to come back, and that doesn’t fix it all the time.
Here is what they had me do:
- Plug the device into the charging cable.
- While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
- Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won’t have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
- Remove the device from the charging cable.
- Plug the device into the charging cable again.
- The smiley face icon appears on the screen.
So while it did fix my second watch, I have spent over $300 in the last 7 months on Fitbit watches, just to track my runs.
I have read that other issues are happening, I and I am not sure what to do next as I want a watch that tracks runs/walks, has a charge longer than a day, and is waterproof. Let me know if you have any ideas on a good replacement.